Strategizing Your Time

 

(Image Information: Black and White Photo of Clocks by  Andrey Grushnikov)


After becoming an overwhelmed college student with several assignments all due at the same time and pulling all-nighters practically every day of the week to catch up, I soon realized the necessity of being organized. One of the tips I find extremely helpful is to work ahead. I have found that working ahead in most cases tends to pay off. 

After reading How to build a realistic study plan, I found the tips for a planner extremely helpful.

I learned this the hard way last year. Personally, I have found this is the best way to start managing my time. For the longest time, I never used any sort of planner or calendar because I had a great memory. The moment I wrote anything down I automatically remember it with having it look at my note again.

Now, I can't possibly function well without my daily planner. As a goal-oriented person, I have found blocking my to-do lists is useful and eye-opening the amount of these that must get done within a certain time frame.

Also, I had to agree with many of the points made with the article Increase Your Creative Output With 14 Time Management Tips Just for Creatives

One of the points the article was to not only manage your time but your energy.
I have to admit that I struggle with. I tend to try to knock the easier assignments or tasks out of the way first not realizing I'm wasting the energy that I could be used for the more difficult and more time-consuming assignments.


Another point from this article I found useful was the suggestion of working when its best for you. It's funny thing when you're a night owl, but the best time to get anything done is between the hours of 4 am- 9am but you need at least 8 hours of sleep.

During quarantine in the second half of my Spring semester, I soon learned(more like my body forced me into without a say) going to bed at 8:30pm and waking(on my own) at 4:30 am was the most productive I've ever been. Ever! I was absolutely shocked. This is coming from someone who would rather pull an all-nighter than disrupt my sleep and get up early. But it works.

Now, the summer has made me a bit lazy I will sometimes wake up at 7:30 am or 11:30 am, so I hope to get back on track with my weird yet productive sleeping schedule soon.

Comments