Favorite Places

I love traveling to new exciting places. It's a perfect chance to experience things you have never done. When discussing favorite places with others, I find it a great way to an inside perspective on who they are and they view this beautiful planet. So though you may not know me, you may get to know a little piece of me through these images and my gushes about my favorite places. 

Disclaimer: I have never actually been to two of these locations, but I do hope in the future I will manage to see them.

Here's a list of three of my favorite places


Washington DC, USA


(This is a bird's eye view of some of the iconic views from the city including the White House and Lafayette Square as well as some of the beautiful older buildings.) Image by Pixabay

I have been to Washington DC twice and each time was incredible. I am a huge history nerd and going to this city was a dream come true. DC was truly amazing to see such a beautiful place filled with such lovely people from every walk of life. Without a doubt, Washington DC is a city that will continue to see any chance I am able.

(This is an image of the Washington Monument. One of the most iconic monuments in the United States.) Image by Samad Ismayilov


Scotland, UK

(This is an image of the Eilean Donan Castle in Scotland) Image by Miquel Rosselló Calafell

Whether it be the ancient castles, the local pubs, or the highlands, it has been a long time dream of mine to see the beautiful United Kingdom nation of Scotland. This country has such a rich history as well as majestic views.








(This is an image of a Lighthouse near a rock formation in Scotland.) Image by Miro Alt

A little about me: I am an aspiring writer, and I have been told this place is wonderful for writers to help the creative juices flow.

For so long, I have dreamed of going to Scotland and live in actually fantasy land... even if it is only temporary.

On my list of favorite places, Scotland has to be in the top 5.


Paris, France

(This a sunset view of the city of Paris with Eiffel Tower.) Image by Pierre Blanché

What can I say that hasn't already been said about this magnificent city? It's absolutely gorgeous. Paris is the city of romance, art, culture, and ingenuity.




(This is evening image of Louvre Art Museum in Paris.) Image by Pixabay

Again, one of my many reasons for wanting to go to Paris is to soak up all the creativity that is practically flowing in the air. Many famous writers just as Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald were inspired by the city. This is the city where art, history, and creativity thrive. And this is exactly why Paris on my list.


Plus I have it on good authority that

Paris is always a good idea.

~Audrey Hepburn from the film Sabrina (1954) 

 

Comments

  1. Hi Rachel! Here I am commenting, and that means I can include links since it would be so cool if you wanted to learn about Scottish or French stories for this class and maybe even create your project about them. For Scotland, here are some full-text books online of Scottish folktales and fairy tales. And the fairy tale tradition of France is amazing: the term "fairy tale" was first coined by a French writer, Catherine D'Aulnoy (France's first professional woman writer!), and you can read about her here: Wikipedia: Madame D'Aulnoy. Here are her fairy tales in English: The Fairy Tales by Catherine d'Aulnoy. There are some marvelous stories in there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, even my comment is in cursive: that looks so cool! That's better than my own handwriting ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment